The Athens Euroclinic is one of the few private hospitals in Greece to run a fully organized Anesthesiology Department. This ensures continuous operation and top-level services 24/7.
The anesthesiology needs of the following departments are met 24/7:
- Operating theaters
- Cardiac Catheterization Lab
- Endoscopy Unit
- Radiology Lab
- Imaging Lab
- Emergency Medicine Department
The presence of an anesthesiology specialist on site 24/7 ensures:
- Immediate and efficient response in emergency surgical procedures
- Immediate preoperative assessment of patients
- Fast, effective and expert treatment of patients presenting at the Emergency Room with acute pain (e.g. fractures, severe injuries, etc)
- Immediate response to acute postoperative pain experienced by hospitalized patients
Medical Infrastructure & Technology
The Department anesthesiologists have access to all the necessary monitors and latest generation anesthesiology equipment, which ensures safe administration of anesthesia.
The Department uses state-of-the-art medical technology, which allows safe and almost painless surgical procedures. The equipment used include:
- Ultrasound device for performing peripheral blocks, detecting large deep vessels, etc
- Bispectral index (BIS) and entropy devices to monitor the depth of anesthesia and avoid awareness during anesthesia
- Device for video-assisted endotracheal intubation when difficult intubation is encountered
- Target-controlled infusion (TCI) pumps that assist in administering standardized intravenous doses of anesthetics to patients. This prevents under- or overdosing and their potential complications.