A fully organized Endocrinology Department operates within the Athens Euroclinic, staffed by specialists with long experience and significant scientific body of work in the area of Endocrinology, in Greece and abroad.
The Department offers quality healthcare services to patients suffering from endocrine function and morphological disorders, as well as endocrine dependent metabolism disorders, such as carbohydrates, lipids and calcium.
Specialist physicians offer comprehensive diagnosis based on the clinical condition of the patient and after meticulous biochemical and imaging testing. The Department aims at implementing the most suitable and effective treatment, in line with international standards.
1. The Athens Euroclinic Endocrinology Department handles a wide range of endocrine conditions in the most efficient and responsible manner. These include:
- Neuroendocrinology, secretory and non pituitary adenomas, incidentalomas, pituitary disorders
- Type 1 & 2 diabetes mellitus
- Thyroid conditions and malignancies
- Parathyroid conditions
- Calcium metabolism disorders
- Pre- and post-menopausal osteoporosis in men and women
- Cancer and thalassemia bone disease
- Menstrual disorders in adolescents, adults and peri-menopausal & menopausal women
- Polycystic ovaries
- Hypothalamic amenorrhea and psychogenic anorexia in adults
- Hormonal replacement therapy in pre- and post-menopausal women
- Hyperandrogenism, acne and hirsutism is adolescent girls and adult women
- Male and female infertility
- Growth (short stature) and puberty (precocious and delayed) disorders
- Gender-related disorders
- Adrenal tumors, incidentalomas, adenomas, malignancies
- Endocrine hypertension
- Endocrinopathy prevention
- Geriatric endocrinology
2. The Athens Euroclinic physicians also perform dynamic endocrine testing on patients with conditions that require further investigation, but for whom admission in not necessary. They also treat endocrinology conditions diagnosed in patients hospitalized in other departments or clinics.
3. The Department further offers nutritional support by a dietitian.
4. The Department physicians may also prescribe special pharmaceutical treatment for certain endocrinology conditions.