The Athens Euroclinic Breast Center is a model center of excellence that was established to offer comprehensive and quality healthcare services to women in the area of prevention, diagnosis and treatment of breast conditions. Staffed by specialized scientists from all related medical specialties and equipped with state-of-the-art diagnostic and imaging devices, it ensures very efficient diagnosis and treatment of benign and malignant breast lesions.
The Breast Center’s internationally acclaimed medical team has comprehensive scientific training and a proven track record in breast conditions. The team is made up of breast imaging specialists, breast surgeons, medical oncologists, a plastic surgeon, a psychologist and trained nurses, who join forces to offer comprehensive and quality healthcare to women.
The Athens Euroclinic Breast Center has all the necessary tools to care for contemporary women, meeting their needs for early and proper diagnosis and acknowledging their right to be fully briefed on the surgical procedure they will undergo prior to entering the operating theater. The Breast Center brings them into contact with a team of scientists with ample technical know-how, who will consistency offer their assistance every step of the way, from diagnosis to treatment and return to their normal family and social activities.
The Athens Euroclinic Breast Center aims at offering the best possible treatment to women suffering from breast cancer by providing comprehensive, top-level healthcare services, covering all stages from diagnosis to treatment of breast conditions.
- Digital mammography screening
- Diagnostic mammography (aiming to further explore the imaging findings detected during mammography screening and imaging evaluation of clinical findings)
- Breast ultrasound with elastography
- Breast MRI
- Fine needle aspiration (FNA) and core biopsy
- Palpable findings
- Ultrasound-guided biopsy of non-palpable findings
- Vacuum-assisted stereotactic-guided biopsy of non-palpable findings
- Imaging and surgical correlation
- Preoperative diagnosis using minimally invasive techniques
- Breast preservation/Oncoplastic surgery
- Skin-sparing mastectomy
- Subcutaneous mastectomy
- Sentinel node biopsy/Lymphadenectomy
- Oncoplastic surgery/Therapeutic reduction mammoplasty
- Immediate reconstruction following mastectomy with tissue expanders/implants
- Transverse rectus abdominis flap (TRAM flap) breast reconstruction
- Hormone therapy
- Molecular biology treatment plans
- Anatomic pathology specialists
- Imaging/Anatomic Pathology correlation
- Prognostic and predictive factors
- Genetic testing (in collaboration with the highly specialized Molecular Diagnostics & Cytogenetics Laboratory at Demokritos)
Multidisciplinary Assessment/Oncology Council
An Oncology Council convenes at the Athens Euroclinic with the aim of offering advisory services on comprehensive treatment approaches for women with breast cancer, in line with scientifically established guidelines. The multidisciplinary team includes physicians and surgeons of many specialties and subspecialties.
Bone Densitometry Department
The Athens Euroclinic is equipped with the latest technology in bone densitometry, with results available immediately after the 10-minute exam. Coupled with the training and experience of the bone densitometry specialists, patients receive fast and immediate advice on treatments available to their osteoporosis problem.
Medical Infrastructure & Technology
Equipped with cutting-edge imaging devices, the Breast Center offers radiologists and specialists the most contemporary tools for comprehensive imaging scans, as well as efficient and early diagnosis of breast-related conditions. The Center is equipped with a Hologic Selenia Digital Mammography System, which emits the lowest radiation dose possible compared to other digital devices; an Aixplorer Supersonic Imagine breast ultrasound system with ShearWave Elastography technology; and a Breast MRI system. The advanced equipment also includes a system for preoperative detection of non-palpable findings and a system for stereotactic breast biopsy (mammotome), which are used for non-invasive biopsy of non-palpable breast lesions.