The Athens Euroclinic Model Diabetes Mellitus Unit is a highly-specialized center offering comprehensive and quality healthcare services for diagnosing and treating all types of diabetes mellitus, as well as other endocrinological and metabolic disorders. The Unit is staffed by a special medical team with long experience and hands-on practice in treating even the most demanding diabetes and endocrine disorders, as well as significant clinical and scientific body of work in Greece and abroad. The multidisciplinary team of the Diabetes Unit consists of endocrinologists, an internal medicine physician, a psychologist, a dietitian, a vascular surgeon and other associates. Together they design the most suitable and effective treatment plan for each patient, so as to combat the disease and any diabetes-related complications.
The Athens Euroclinic Diabetes Unit offers comprehensive and quality services, focusing on each individual separately.
The following services are offered:
- Treatment for diabetes-related vascular complications
- Cases of patients with unexplained hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia, or patients with multiple conditions who require a well-rounded approach and special attention in selecting the most suitable treatment plan
- Diagnosis and treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, sex hormone disorders, growth hormone deficiencies and reproductive hormone disorders
- Thyroid and parathyroid disorders
- Exploration and treatment of thyroid nodules
- Adrenal and pituitary disorders
- Multiple endocrine neoplasia syndromes
- Comprehensive management of patients with osteoporosis, from diagnosis to treatment and monitoring
The healthcare services offered focus primarily on the individuals themselves, as ample of time is spent on each patient to achieve effective communication, to understand their needs and to schedule regular follows-ups based on a set plan of consultations and medical exams. Treatment is individualized and adjusted to the special needs and lifestyle of each patient.
Special attention is paid to educating diabetic patients and their loved ones through training programs, seminars and brochures, with the aim of giving patients the necessary tools to manage the disease in the long term. The patients are trained by experienced associates and training focuses on the main guidelines for treating diabetes mellitus, such as self-monitoring of blood glucose levels at home, insulin injections, nutrition, exercise, prevention, hypoglycemia treatment, etc. Diabetic training also includes practical, everyday issues, such as using an insulin pump or recording the levels on insulin over 24 hours.
Medical Infrastructure & Technology
Diabetic patients are hospitalized in an exclusive ward staffed by experienced personnel. The Unit has all the necessary equipment for diagnosing and treating diabetes mellitus, such as insulin pumps and software for continuous 24-hour glucose monitoring.
The Unit has a special area for preparing food for diabetic patients. Furthermore, a dietitian designs customized nutrition plans for each patient.
A psychologist with experience on managing diabetic patients offers psychological support and advice to patients and their families throughout treatment.