The Athens Euroclinic Cardiothoracic Surgery Department is staffed by a team of cardiothoracic surgeons, anesthesiologists specializing in cardiothoracic anesthesiology, and perfusionists.
The Department’s medical team has extensive experience in this field, having performed a large number of cardiothoracic surgical procedures. The excellent results in cardiothoracic cases are due to the top scientific training of the physicians, the support offered by the ICU medical staff, the full intraoperative monitoring and the perioperative nursing care.
The Department covers the entire range of cardiothoracic procedures, specializing in arterial reperfusion of the two internal mammary arteries and the radial artery, surgical valve repair, and surgical repair of acute and chronic aneurysms.
The qualified nursing staff offer top-level healthcare services, fully meeting the increased needs of cardiothoracic patients.
The following surgical procedures are performed:
- Coronary disease (coronary bypass) with arterial grafts, with or without extracorporeal circulation
- Valve repair procedures (replacement or valvuloplasty)
- Placement of homografts/human valves
- Congenital heart defects
- Repeat surgeries
- Surgeries for thoracic aorta/aneurysm/acute and chronic aortic dissection
- Surgical repair of heart failure (support systems for the left and right ventricle, surgical restructuring of the left ventricle, etc)
- Heart tumors and other rare conditions requiring surgery
- Hybrid management of extremely complex cases is possible, in partnership with the Cardiology Department
Medical Infrastructure & Technology
The Athens Euroclinic has a hospitalization ward exclusively for cardiothoracic surgery patients, ensuring exclusive services and specialized nursing care. The fully equipped ICU is staffed by qualified medical and nursing professionals who undertake the perioperative monitoring of cardiothoracic surgery cases.
1st CARDIOTHORACIC SURGERY CLINIC
CARDIOTHORACIC SURGERY DIRECTOR
CARDIOTHORACIC SURGERY REGISTAR
Katsanidou –Stenou Ioanna