Meet our International Patient Services Department (IPS)
At the EUROCLINIC Group of Hospitals, we pay special attention when serving the needs of our international clients. For this reason, EUROCLINIC has launched the International Patient Services Department (IPS), operating since 2007, offering its high quality services for all patients and visitors from all over the world making EUROCLINIC a superb destination for a treatment abroad. Any medical and personal need for foreign patients regarding any issue prior to their arrival, during their stay and upon discharge, is coordinated by our dedicated IPS team.
The IPS Department, with respect to any cultural diversity, offers a wide range of services and facilities, so make sure that any visit to our hospital will be as smooth and pleasant as possible. Furthermore, the hospital can cover almost every hospitality service and intercultural requirement like dietary and religion needs. Our compliance to each patient’s special requirements is noteworthy.
In the Euroclinic Group of Hospitals we know that our values, which are based on professionalism and responsibility, define the way we treat our clients. This is why:
- We consider human health as a fundamental asset and thus we feel responsible to delivering the highest quality healthcare services
- We seriously take into consideration our clients’ recommendations and we insist in a patient-centered philosophy
- We are passionate about our business and our special services
The IPS Department – at a glance
- Responds to all IPS requests worldwide
- Schedules appointments with the EUROCLINIC Hospitals’ physicians
- Coordinates the procedures prior and during admission, hospital stay and discharge
- Provides interpretation services in English language
- Organizes transportation arrangements to and from the Hospital
- Provides assistance with financial matters
- Coordinates arrangements between the patient, the Hospital and third party insurance companies, embassies and other businesses.
Before you arrive
In case of a scheduled admission, you should bring the following documents:
- Valid ID or passport
- Social Security number
- VAT number
- Hospitalization card or any other proof of health insurance documentation provided by your insurance company/social security fund
- Medical information relating to your hospitalization, e.g. X-rays, diagnoses, medical test results
Upon arrival at the EUROCLINIC, please proceed to the Patient Admissions Office in order to provide your personal details, as well as your insurance policy/coverage details.
The staff at the Patient Admissions Office will assist you in filling in all the necessary documents, will explain the admission process and, once your insurance coverage details have been settled (provided you are insured), you will be escorted you to your room so that you may settle in.
In case of an emergency admission, the procedure will be handled through the Emergency Department of the Euroclinic Hospital, which is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. With the latest medical equipment and highly trained medical and nursing staff, the Euroclinic Emergency Department is ready to handle all urgent cases swiftly and efficiently.
Moreover, the staff of the Emergency Department will assist you and your escorts in filling in all the necessary documents, will explain the admission process and, once your insurance coverage details have been settled (provided you are insured), you will be assisted in settling in the Hospital.
Visa authorization is not required for citizens travelling from countries such as the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, France, Austria, Switzerland, the Netherlands, Australia and Japan among many others.
Following the Hospital’s procedures and policies, when a patient is travelling to our Hospital for a scheduled procedure or operation from a country that requires a Medical Visa, he/she should deposit the hospital expenses in advance, prior to his/her admission. The invitation letter used for the medical visa must confirm that all treatment costs are covered. Therefore, it will be issued by the Hospital’s administration, after the receipt of payment.
It should be noted that the Euroclinic Hospital’s Administration provides letters of Invitation to patients visiting the Hospital for surgeries and invasive treatments, and not for simple clinical examinations. The closing hospital expenses will be finalized upon the discharge note, and the Hospital will reimburse any potential balance.
The Hospital cooperates with most International private Insurance companies. We recommend that you check the hospital bill percentage that your insurance covers prior to admission. If you are uninsured or if your insurance policy requires that you pay part of your bill, you will be advised to make a deposit upon admission. The amount of the deposit will be deducted from your final bill.
INSURANCE COMPANY BRANCH OFFICES
Τ: +30 210 6416 353
Τ: +30 210 6416 063
For any further information, please contact the Patient Admissions Office.
During your stay
It is important to us that you feel comfortable during your stay. Our Patient Reception and Services Office, located at the main entrance of the Hospital, will assist you with religious, cultural or communication needs. If you require directions or information about hotel accommodation for your visitors, please call: +30 210 6416 500 / +30 210 6416 550.
Upon admission you will be given an identification bracelet (ID) with your personal details (your full name and your date of birth). Please check to see that the information is correct. You must wear it at all times during your hospitalization at EUROCLINIC. If the bracelet comes off for any reason, notify your nurse and ask for a new one. Repeated ID checks (name and date of birth) by the Hospital staff form part of the hospital’s patient safety program and we ask for your valuable cooperation.
The frequent ID checks assist our healthcare professionals in properly carrying out their duties and the various procedures.
- All rooms have their own bathroom. In semiprivate and three-bed rooms, the bathroom is shared among the room’s patients. The bathroom in the patient rooms should only be used by the patients and not their visitors.
- Please wear non slip shoes or slippers when getting out of bed.
- The use of electric blankets is prohibited.
- Every room is fitted with a lighting control system. The call button is mounted on your bed’s console and conveniently located next to you. Please use it every time you or the patient next to you requires assistance.
- There is a TV set in all the rooms (free service). Please ensure that the volume of your TV does not disturb the other patients. Just like yourselves, the other patients sharing the room with you need peace and quiet, so please comply with the relevant regulations.
At the EUROCLINIC Hospital, proper and healthy nutrition constitutes the foundation of your treatment and is necessary for your speedy recovery following surgery or illness. The Nutritional Support and Clinical Nutrition Department is responsible for your nutritional needs, as specified by your attending physician. Each patient is assessed individually by the clinical dietitian and the daily diet is prepared after taking into account the doctor’s orders, the ailment, the medication, the lab test results and the patient’s nutritional preferences. Our staff is always available and willing to resolve any issues relating to your diet.
Morning snack: 10:30-11:30
Afternoon snack: 16:00-16:30
Every morning on your breakfast tray, you will find a daily meal menu, from which you may choose the meal of your preference.
After you leave
Your discharge date will be decided by your attending physician.
The discharge time is 12:00 midday. We kindly ask for your cooperation in vacating your room to allow us time to prepare for the next patient’s admission, please settle your final bill by visiting the Patient Accounts Office.
Our staff may arrange for your transfer by taxi, upon request. If your doctor deems it necessary, you may be transferred by an ambulance (contact the Patient Admissions Office for details).
EUROCLINIC Hospital would like to inform international patients whose permanent residency is not Greece, that prior their discharge from the Hospital they can be provided with any imaging test results in a digital form (CD), as well as a medical report in English, upon request.
In case a foreign patient requests any data included in his medical file after being discharged, he should inform the Hospital with a written request followed by a copy of his valid passport/ID, also stating his permanent address so as to receive the related documents via registered post.