Minimally invasive surgical procedures are performed at the Euroclinic Children’s Hospital by surgery specialists who have the relevant training and use the latest medical equipment.
Minimally invasive surgery uses techniques which reduce patient trauma as much as possible, offering multiple benefits compared to conventional surgery.
The benefits of minimally invasive surgery include:
- Minimal surgical trauma and postoperative pain
- Reduced morbidity and hospitalization time
- Fast return to normal activities
- Minimal adhesions
- Very good aesthetic result
Minimally invasive surgery is used to diagnose and treat a great number of pediatric conditions that require surgery, with minimal or no scarring. A large number of procedures are performed at the Euroclinic Children’s Hospital Minimally Invasive Surgery Department, with utmost effectiveness and safety for young patients.
- Diagnostic laparoscopy
- VATS, surgical treatment of pulmonary abscesses/pleural effusions
- Anti-reflux surgery (Nissen, Thal, Toupet)
- Myotomy in esophageal achalasia
- Ramstedt’s pyloromyotomy
- Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy (PEG)
- Meckel diverticulum excision
- Large intestine biopsy
- Congenital megacolon surgical repair
- Rectal atresia
- Ventriculoperitoneal shunt placement
- Liver biopsy
- Pancreatic pseudocyst treatment
- Inguinal hernia repair
- Ovarian cysts
Medical Infrastructure & Technology
The state-of-the-art medical equipment at the Euroclinic Children’s Hospital includes latest technology laparoscopy towers, which allow surgeons to perform a large array of minimally invasive surgical procedures.