The Athens Euroclinic ENT Department has been operating since the establishment of the Hospital, and its practices are based on the international standards for modern otolaryngology.
The Department is staffed by experienced physicians, who implement all the latest surgical techniques for the ear, nose and throat.
The medical staff is constantly getting updated on new techniques by participating in Greek and international conferences. This ensures comprehensive and top-level healthcare services for their patients.
The ENT Department is open 24/7. Using advanced equipment, the physicians may perform all types of diagnostic tests that cover the entire range of ENT conditions. These tests include:
- Comprehensive hearing test (with tympanometry and pure tone audiometry) and posterior labyrinth testing for dizziness or vertigo
- Endoscopic examination of all related organs, such as the epipharynx, nasal cavities, pharynx, hypopharynx and larynx, and subsequent video recording, fast and painlessly
- Stroboscopic examination of the larynx to investigate voice hoarseness, dysphonia, and general organic and functional laryngeal disorders
- Surgical treatment of ENT patients
The top scientific training of the medical staff and the individualized approach offered to patients are evident in the entire range of services available within the Department.
All surgical procedures pertaining to modern otolaryngology can be performed at the Athens Euroclinic ENT Department. These include both conventional methods and techniques using laser, radiofrequencies, endoscopes, etc.
A large number of procedures involve routine surgery, such as nasal septum straightening, orbitotomy/lower nasal cavity cauterization, removal of nasal and laryngeal polyps, tonsillectomy, etc.
However, highly-specialized procedures that require extensive experience may also be performed, such as tympanoplasty, stapedectomy (hearing correction surgery for otosclerosis), removal of parotid/laryngeal/pharyngeal tumors and laryngectomy.
Medical Infrastructure & Technology
- Tympanometer (middle ear examination)
- Audiometer (hearing impediment testing)
- Video electronystagmography device (testing for dizziness and imbalance)
- Complete range of rigid and flexible endoscopes for examination of the nose, nasopharynx, hypopharynx and larynx, with option for recording/storing the findings
- Laryngeal stroboscope (detailed examination of the larynx to investigate organic and functional dysphonia/recommended exam for voice professionals)