Main Safety & Security Rules
- The nurse call button is a key tool for communicating with the nursing staff in your ward. Use it whenever you need help.
- Throughout hospitalization, it is important that young patients wear the bracelet with their personal information, which was issued to them upon admission. If it is damaged in any way, please ask the nursing staff to issue you with a new one.
- It is important that young patients are under supervision by a parent/guardian 24/7. If you need to step out for a while, please notify the nursing staff.
- If you become aware of any faulty medical equipment or devices, please notify the nursing staff immediately or use the nurse call button.
- In case of an emergency, you must remain calm and follow the instructions given to you by the staff, who have been trained for such situations. The Escape Route Plans posted on the doors of all rooms and various parts throughout the Hospital provide detailed evacuation instructions that you must follow in case of an emergency.
- Do not use the elevators in case of fire or earthquake. Emergency exits are clearly marked.
The Hospital’s nutrition department prepares individualized diet plans for each young patient, based on the medical instructions and therapeutic requirements of the attending physician. Meals are prepared onsite daily, using quality ingredients and following the strictest food safety standards. Our aim is to offer your child a balanced and highly nutritional diet.
Morning snack** 10:00-10:30
Afternoon snack 16:30-17:30
*Meal times may vary depending on medical instructions and dietary needs
**Only for young patients
The Hospital offers accompanying persons the option of serving them all meals, at extra charge. A charge does not apply if the accompanying person’s meals are covered under their insurance policy. In this case, you must mention this to Patient Admissions upon admission. For breastfeeding mothers, all meals are offered free of charge.
If you wish so, and notify the ward supervisor in advance, your child’s meals may be accompanied by their preferred milk type, so that their nutritional habits are not disturbed.
You also have the option of preparing your child’s milk yourself in the kitchenette located on each floor. However, you must follow the hygiene regulations posted on the kitchenette wall, taking all the necessary milk preparation precautions (single-use mask and gown).
Meals cannot be replaced with food and drinks that have not been prepared or served by the Hospital. The diet of hospitalized children is strictly set, in accordance with the physician’s orders.
The Euroclinic Children’s Hospital has received the HACCP certification for the safety management system it implements during food preparation and distribution.
Peace and quiet are important for the fast and effective recovery of young patients. To this end, visitors are advised to adhere to the following visiting hours.
It is important that you comply with the visiting rules so as to ensure patient needs for peace and quiet. Therefore, please:
- Avoid loud conversations or activities, especially during rest periods.
- Limit the number of visitors to two.
- Depart from the hospital wards as soon as the visiting hours are over.
Do not use the patient toilets.
The Euroclinic Children’s Hospital offers impeccable health and safety conditions for young patients and their parents/guardians, strictly adhering to the international regulations for prevention and control of hospital infections. The Hospital’s nursing staff have been fully trained on implementing all the hygiene regulations and procedures, while they are constantly updated on infection prevention rules.
By following the simple rules listed below, you can contribute significantly to the efforts of the medical and nursing staff for preventing hospital infections:
- Wash your hands frequently and use the special hand antiseptics located in various areas around the Hospital and the wards. Make sure you follow the instructions on proper use of hand antiseptic and proper hand washing.
- Avoid using items belonging to other patients or sitting on their beds.
- Remind your visitors to be cautious during their visit, to follow the hygiene regulations and to use hand antiseptic.
- Please ask your friends and relatives not to visit if they have a cold or flu.
Safety & Security
The Hospital strives to offer a safe environment for children and their parents/guardians.
The security staff use a closed circuit system to monitor all common areas and guarantee your child’s safe hospitalization 24/7. For assistance or advice on any security matters, please contact the Security Office directly on extension 3908 or 04949.