The Vascular Surgery Department is staffed by physicians with long experience and significant scientific body of work in the area of Vascular Surgery in Greece and abroad. Focusing on patients and aiming at individualized approach for each case, the Vascular Surgery Department meets all patient needs, spanning from diagnosis to treatment planning and postoperative care.
The top scientific level and long experience of the medical staff, coupled with their systematic postgraduate training on the latest endovascular techniques, ensure the strong competitive edge of the Athens Euroclinic Vascular Surgery Department. The Euroclinic vascular surgeons participate in international committees that set treatment guidelines for vascular diseases, such as the ESVS Guidelines.
The multidisciplinary medical team constitutes the core of the Vascular Surgery Department. It is formed by the attending physician and depending on the individual needs of each patient, it is made up of other specialties, such as interventional radiology and ultrasound, aiming at suitable, customized and fast assessment and treatment for vascular patients.
The Vascular Surgery Department nursing staff stand by patients and their families, offering top-level nursing care with utmost professionalism, and a deep sense of compassion and understanding. All nurses have been specially trained to offer expert nursing services.
The Vascular Surgery Department offers comprehensive services, covering the entire range of needs, spanning from diagnosis and treatment to postoperative care. These include:
- Performing diagnosis using the latest medical equipment, which guarantee the highest levels of speed and diagnostic accuracy, in line with the strictest international medical protocols.
- Formulating treatment plans based on individualized care for each patient, in accordance with the latest developments.
- Treating the disease in cooperation with a team of medical specialists, aiming at offering a comprehensive approach to patients. The treatment method chosen may be conventional surgery or endovascular techniques, depending on each individual case.
The following procedures are performed at the Euroclinic:
- Non-surgical percutaneous angioplasty without or without stents to treat stenosis of the thoracic aorta, carotids, peripheral vessels and visceral vessels
- Non-surgical percutaneous procedures to treat aneurysms of the thoracic aorta, carotids, peripheral vessels and visceral vessels
- Peripheral artery embolization for dysplasias
- Thrombolysis for venous and arterial thrombosis
- Non-surgical percutaneous inferior vena cava filter placement
- Non-surgical procedures for varices (laser, micro-varisectomy)
- Open vascular surgery procedures to treat aneurysms of the thoracic aorta, abdominal aorta, peripheral vessels and visceral vessels
- Open arterial bypass to treat stenosis of the thoracic aorta, abdominal aorta, peripheral vessels and visceral vessels
- Carotid endarterectomy
- Fistulas, grafts and hemodialysis catheters
- Thoracic outlet syndrome procedures
- Telangiectasia treatment
- Lymphedema treatment
- Deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism treatment
Medical Infrastructure & Technology
The Athens Euroclinic has focused on upgrading the quality of its facilities and adopting cutting-edge medical technology, since it has recognized that these play a vital role when offering healthcare services to vascular patients. The Department includes a fully equipped interventional radiology unit to treat complex vascular cases, securing top medical services and care for its patients.
The Athens Euroclinic is equipped with state-of-the-art diagnostic and treatment devices that ensure fast, safe and reliable diagnostic tests, monitoring of patients, and effective treatment using the latest interventional methods. The Hospital is also equipped with a digital MRI scanner and a latest technology CT scanner, which ensure optimal imaging results.