- Supervisor, Outpatients Specialist Clinic of Demyelinating Disorders, Athens Euroclinic
- Familial forms of CNS Demyelinating Disorder
- Consultant, Dept of Neurology, 251 General Airforces Hospital, 2014-2022
- Neurologist, Clinical Fellow, Cyprus Institute of Neurology and Genetics, 2019-2020
- Neurologist, Athens Euroclinic, Supervisor in Outpatients Specialist Clinic of Demyelinating Disorders, 2022 – today
Aristotelion University Medical School, Thessaloniki, (2005)
- Neurology – Aeginition Hospital, 1st Dept of Neurology of Athens National and Kapodistrian University, Athens, (2014)
- Fellowship in Neuroimmunology, Dept of Clinical Neurosciences, Addenbrooke’s
- Cambridge University Hospital, Cambridge, United Kingdom (2016-2017)
- “Immogenetic Study of familial Multiple Sclerosis patients in the Hellenic population – clinical, laboratorial and imaging correlations” -1st Dept of Neurology of Athens National and Kapodistrian University (2013-2020)
- Athens Medical Council, Athens (2005)
- Hellenic Neurological Society (2014)
- Cyprus Medical Council, Nicosia (2018)
- 6-month scholarship for international fellowship, awarded by the Hellenic Neurological Society in 2016.
- Anagnostouli M, Artemiadis A , Gontika M, Skarlis C , Markoglou N , Katsavos S , Kilindireas K , Doxiadis I , Stefanis L. HLA-DPB1*03 as Risk Allele and HLA-DPB1*04 as Protective Allele for Both Early- and Adult-Onset Multiple Sclerosis in a Hellenic Cohort. Brain Sci. 2020;10(6):374.
- Katsavos S, Artemiadis A, Gontika M, Skarlis C, Markoglou N, Davaki P, Stamboulis E, Kilindireas K, Stefanis L, Anagnostouli M. HLA-DRB1 differences in allelic distribution between familial and sporadic multiple sclerosis in a Hellenic cohort. Postgrad Med. 2019;20:1-6 doi:10.1080/00325481.2019.1655382 [Epub ahead of print].
- Katsavos S, Artemiadis A, Davaki P, Stamboulis E, Kilindireas K, Anagnostouli M. Familial multiple sclerosis in Greece: Distinct clinical and imaging characteristics in comparison with the sporadic disease. Clin Neurol Neurosurg. 2018;173:144-149.
- Katsavos S, Coles A. Alemtuzumab as Treatment for Multiple Sclerosis. In: Multiple Sclerosis. Editors: Weiner HL and Kuchroo VK. Cold Spring Harbor Perspectives in Medicine, Mar 2018, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, NY. doi: 10.1101/cshperspect.a032029
- Skarlis C, Gontika M, Katsavos S, Velonakis G, Toulas P, Anagnostouli M. Multiple Sclerosis and Subsequent Human Immunodeficiency Virus Infection: A Case with the Rare Comorbidity, Focus on Novel Treatment Issues and Review of the Literature. In Vivo. 2017;31(5):1041-1046.
- Katsavos S, Artemiadis AK, Zacharis M, Argyrou P, Theotoka I, Chrysovitsanou C, et al. Predicting caregiving status and caregivers’ burden in multiple sclerosis. A short report. Neurol Res. 2017;39(1):13-15.
- Anagnostouli M, Katsavos S, Kyrozis A, Gontika M, Voumvourakis KI, Kapaki E. Vertebral hemangiomas in the thoracic spine of multiple sclerosis patients are connected with fewer demyelinating lesions at the same level. Possible impact on pathophysiology and clinical course. Neurol Res. 2016;38(8):655-62.
- Anagnostouli M, Katsavos S, Artemiadis A, Zacharis M, Argyrou P, Theotoka I, et al. Determinants of stigma in a cohort of hellenic patients suffering from multiple sclerosis: a cross-sectional study. BMC Neurol. 2016;16:101. doi: 10.1186/s12883-016-0621-4.
- Zisimopoulou V, Mamali M, Katsavos S, Siatouni A, Tavernarakis A, Gatzonis S. Cerebrospinal fluid analysis after unprovoked first seizure. Funct Neurol. 2016;31(2):101-107.
- Matoula T, Nikolaou V, Marinos L, Katsavos S, Nasis G, Economidi A, et al. Lymphomatoid papulosis type D in a fingolimod-treated multiple sclerosis patient. Mult Scler. 2016;22(12):1630-1631.
- Kokotis P, Katsavos S. Effects of wind chill factor, temperature and other meteorological parameters on the incidence of Bell’s palsy: Results based on a retrospective, 7-year long, Greek population study. Neuroepidemiology. 2015;45:44-49.
- Katsavos S, Artemiadis A, Tsivgoulis G, Kararizou E, Papadopoulos G, Triantafyllou N. Clinical and imaging correlations of generalized hyper-synchronous alpha activity in human EEG recordings, during alertness. J Clin Neurophysiol. 2015. doi: 10.1097/WNP.0000000000000191
- Anagnostouli M, Anagnostoulis G, Katsavos S, Panagiotou M, Kararizou E, Davaki P. HLA-DRB1 15:01 and Epstein-Barr virus in a multiple sclerosis patient with psoriasis, nasopharyngeal and breast cancers. Lessons for possible hidden links for autoimmunity and cancer. J Neurol Sci. 2014;339(1-2):26-31.
- Neurology Dept – Outpatients Specialist Clinic of Demyelinating Disorders
7-9 Athanasiadou Street, Athens 115 21
Tel: +30 210 6416600
Appointments: +30 210 6416600
Fax: +30 210 6416555