Consultant Surgeon, 1st Surgical Department
Specialty Areas & Research Interests
- Minimally invasive Surgery
- Abdominal Wall Surgery
- Implantation of long-term intravascular catheters (Port-a-cath)
- ESPAC-3 Periampullary Cancer Multicenter Trial (European Study Group for Pancreatic Cancer) (2000-2008)
- The consequences of antibiotic resistance of the patients with complicated intraabdominal infections on the health care system. (2009-2011)
- Consultant, Center of Excellence on Thyroid-Parathyroid Surgery, Athens Euroclinic (2015-2017)
- Consultant, Department of Robotic and Oncology Surgery, Athens Euroclinic (2017-2019)
“Carol Davila”- University of Medicine and Pharmacy , Bucharest, (2001)
- General Surgery Board Certification (2012)
- General Surgery Internship, 1st Department of Surgery, “Konstantopouleion” General Hospital, Athens Greece
- Advances in the Diagnosis and Management of Abdominal Diseases- 14th International Postgraduate Course
- International Association of Surgeons, Gastroenterologists and Oncologists Athens, Greece (2006)
- Frontiers in HPB Diseases- 5th International Postgraduate Course Athens, Greece (2007)
- Workshop for Doctors: Safe Implantation Of Long-term Central Venous Access Catheters
Catholic University of the Sacred Heart“A. Gemelli” Policlinic Rome, Italy (2008)
- 3rd International Workshop “Colorectal Games”, Rethymnon, Crete, Greece (2008)
- Postgraduate Course in Colorectal Surgery, 1st Circle: Crete , Greece, 2nd Circle: Kamena Vourla, Greece (2008)
- Postgraduate Course in HPB Surgery,1st Circle: Kamena Vourla, Greecε, 2nd Circle: Volos, Greece (2008)
- 4th International Workshop Advanced Course in Colorectal Surgery, Erlangen, Germany (2009)
- Postgraduate Seminar on Enhanced recovery After Surgery (ERAS) Protocols, Aosta, Italy (2009)
- Postgraduate Seminar- Educational Module: Artificial Nutrition on the Surgical Patent
27th Panhellenic Congress of Surgery- International Surgical Forum, Athens, Greece (2010)
- 4th Postgraduate Seminar Of the Society for the Liver Metastatic Disease, Volos, Greece (2011)
- Sentinel Lymph node biopsy Seminar, Metropolitan Hospital, Athens, Greece (2015)
- English Online Training Module for the daVinci S, Intuitive Surgical (2017)
- Colorectal Laparoscopic Surgical Skills Courses , Athens, Greece (2017)
- Abdominal Wall Repair Workshop, Sevilla, Spain (2018)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) Course for Doctors, Committee on Trauma, American College Of Surgeons (2006)
- Basic Life Support -BLS/AED Provider Course European Resuscitation Council, Athens, Greece
Surgical options in acute pancreatitis.
HPB Surgery Book
– D.Kelgiorgi, C.Avgerinos, D.Lytras, C.Dervenis
Diagnosis and Staging of acute Pancreatitis
Pancreatic Diseases in 2008: What are the burning issues?
– S.Delis, A.Bakoyiannis, K.Athanasiou, I.Biliatis, K.Avgerinos, D.Kelgiorgi, C.Dervenis
Steatohepatitis associated with preoperative chemotherapy for colorectal metastasis
Gut 2007;56 (suppl III) A69
– S.Delis, A.Bakoyiannis, K.Athanasiou, D.Kelgiorgi, I.Biliatis, C.Avgerinos, C.Dervenis
Secondary sclerosing cholangitis associated with preoperative targeted chemotherapy for colorectal metastasis
Gut 2007;56 (suppl III) A267
– C.Avgerinos, Z.Touloumis, D.Kelgiorgi, L.Baltatzi, C.Dervenis
One Thousand Laparoscopic Cholecystectomies in a Single Surgical Unit Using The “Critical View of Safety” Technique
J Gastrointest Surg. 2008 Nov 14.
– Koliopanos A, Avgerinos C, Paraskeva C, Touloumis Z, Kelgiorgi D, Dervenis C.
Molecular aspects of carcinogenesis in pancreatic cancer.
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int. 2008 Aug;7(4):345-56.
– S.Delis, D.Kelgiorgi, A.Bakoyiannis, Κ.Μanes, C.Dervenis, J. Madariaga
Combined hepatectomy with resection of the inferior vena cava for hepatic malignancies.
Forum of Clinical Oncology 2008;7(Β);3-4:248-254
– S.Delis, D.Kelgiorgi, A.Bakoyiannis, K.Athanasiou, C.Dervenis
Combined liver and lung metastasectomy through an exclusive transthoracic approach.
Forum of Clinical Oncology 2008;7(Β);3-4:242-247
– Spiros G. Delis, Dionysia A. Kelgiorgi, Anastasios A. Sofianidis, Charikleia C. Triantopoulou, Ioannis A. Papailiou, and Christos G. Dervenis
Solitary necrotic nodule of the liver mimicking hepatocellular carcinoma: a case report
Cases J. 2009; 2: 85.doi: 10.1186/1757-1626-2-85.
– European Study Group for Pancreatic Cancer
Adjuvant chemotherapy with fluorouracil plus folinic acid vs gemcitabine following pancreatic cancer resection: a randomized controlled trial.
JAMA. 2010 Sep 8;304(10):1073-81
– European Study Group for Pancreatic Cancer
Effect of adjuvant chemotherapy with fluorouracil plus folinic acid or gemcitabine vs observation on survival in patients with resected periampullary adenocarcinoma: the ESPAC-3 periampullary cancer randomized trial
JAMA. 2012 Jul 11;308(2):147-56
– Kelgiorgi D, Dervenis C
Pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors: the basics, the gray zone, and the target
F1000Res. 2017 May 10;6:663
– «GREEK SURGERY THROUGHOUT THE CENTURIES: From antiquity up to the 21st century», Bramis I. Militos publications
– Anastomoses of the GI tract
Endoscopies (the journal of Greek Gastrenterologists). 2020 Sept: 41-47
– Supervised Training in Open Biliary-Enteric Anastomosis is Safe
13th Congress of the European – African Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association (E-AHPBA) 2020 Jan Vol. 22, Sup 2 : 314
– COVIDSurg Collaborative, GlobalSurg Collaborative, SARS-CoV-2 vaccination modelling for safε surgery to save lives: data from an international prospective cohort study, British Journal of Surgery, 2021;, znab101, doi: 10.1093/bjs/znab101
– COVIDSurg Collaborative; GlobalSurg Collaborative. Timing of surgery following SARS-CoV-2 infection: an international prospective cohort study. Anaesthesia. 2021 Mar 9. doi: 10.1111/anae.15458. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 33690889