- Secretary, Hip & Knee Surgery Section of HAOST
- Greek Association of Orthopaedic Surgery & Traumatology (HAOST)
- Hip & Knee Surgery Section of HAOST
- European Hip Society (EHS)
- Société Internationale de la Chirurgie Orthopédique et Traumatologique (SICOT)
- International Society for Technology in Arthroplasty (ISTA)
- Reconstructive Hip & Knee Surgery
- Arthroscopic Hip & Knee Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery in Orthopaedics (MIS)
- Fast-Track (Enhanced recovery) surgery in Orthopaedics
- Venous Thrombosis in Orthopaedics (Member of the Scientific Committee of HAOST)
- Perioperative care of the orthopaedic patient under antithrombotic or/and antiplatelet therapy (Member of the Scientific Committee of HAOST)
In 2003, when I completed my residency as an orthopaedic surgeon in NIMTS hospital, I went for one year to Cambridge, UK for a fellowship in hip surgery. Since 2004, when I returned, I started my practice, focusing mainly in hip and knee reconstructive surgery. At the beginning, I worked part-time at Hygeia Hospital and for SOS Doctors in Athens until 2008. At that time, I started working for the health care section of the Bank of Greece and at the same time as a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon Euroclinic Hospital.
My clinical interest in my everyday orthopaedic practice, originating from my training in Greece and abroad and longtime experience, is hip and knee reconstructive surgery, ranging from arthroscopy to revision joint replacement. During the last decade, following the global orthopaedic community’s developments, I have focused in Fast Track Surgery – Enhanced Recovery Surgery and Minimally Invasive Surgery of these joints, being a pioneer in the field in Greece.
- Varvakios Model High School, 1981-1988
- Medical School of National and Kapodistriakon University of Athens, 1988-1994
- Orthopaedic Residency, NIMTS Hospital, 1998-2003
- Fellowship in Hip Surgery, Cambridge, UK, 2003-2004
- Master of Science in Orthopaedic Engineering, University of Cardiff, Wales, UK, 2002-2006
- Foreign languages: English, French, Spanish
- Scholar of the European Union (Erasmus Program); Externship in Cardiovascular Surgery in St. Jacques Hospital, France, 1992.
- Scholar of the National and Kapodistriakon University of Athens; Bequest of Ioannis Papadakis, 1993.
- Scholar of the EFORT (European Federation of Orthopaedic & Traymatology); Travelling Fellowship in Knee Surgery, France, 2003.
- Scholar of the HAOST (Hellenic Association of Orthopaedic Surgery & Traumatology); Visiting Clinical Fellowship in Sports Medicine, Munich, Germany, 2004.
- Scholar of the Niarchos Foundation: Update in Hip Disorders Course 2008; And Anterior Approach to THR 2014; Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, USA.
- Lilikakis ΑΚ, Villar RN: Incisions great and small (Editorial) (2004). The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery (Br), 86-B: 781-782.
- Lilikakis ΑΚ, Vowler SL, Villar RN: Hydroxyapatite-coated femoral implant in metal-on-metal resurfacing hip arthroplasty: minimum two-year follow-up (2005). The Orthopedic Clinics of North America 36(2): 215-22.
- Lilikakis ΑΚ, Villar RN: The influence of incision length on immediate post-operative rehabilitation after total hip replacement (2005). Hip International 15(2): 102-107.
- Lilikakis ΑΚ, Arora A, Villar RN: Early rehabilitation comparing hip resurfacing and total hip replacement. Hip International 2005; 15(4): 189-194.
- Lilikakis AK, Papapolychroniou Th, Macheras G, Michelinakis E: Thrombocytopenia and intracerebral complications associated with low-molecular-weight heparin treatment in patients undergoing total hip replacement: a report of two cases. The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery (Am) 2006; 88: 634-638.
- Lilikakis ΑΚ, Gillespie B, Villar RN: Rehabilitation after total hip replacement. The benefit of a modified rehabilitation protocol and minimally invasive techniques. Annals of the Royal College of Surgeons 2008; 90(5):406-11.
- Lilikakis ΑK, Sutcliffe Μ: The effect of vancomycin addition to the compression strength of antibiotic-loaded bone-cements. International Orthopaedics 2009; 33(3):815-9.
- Bardakos NV and Lilikakis AK: Customized jigs in primary total knee replacement. Orthopedic Muscul Sys 2014; S2: S2-007.
- Lilikakis A., Kritharis L., Michelinakis E. Minimum three-years clinical and radiological results of a new press-fit, tapered hip stem. Bone & Joint journal, Orthopaedic Proceedings, 2016, 98-B, Supp 91