Internal Medicine Physician, MD
Postgraduate training in Diabetes Mellitus
Specialty Areas & Research Interest
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Gestational Diabetes and medical complications in pregnancy
- Emergency Medicine – Advanced Life Support
- Eating Disorders – Obesity
- Advanced glycation end-products (AGE) and receptor RAGE and their role in bioenergetics, oxidative stress and cancer biology.
- Internal Medicine Physician, Athens Euroclinic General Hospital, Internal Medicine Department, Dec 2015 – today.
- Internal Medicine Physician, Athens Euroclinic General Hospital, Endocrinology, Diabetes Mellitus and Metabolic Diseases Unit, Dec 2014-Dec 2015.
- “Laiko” Athens General Hospital, Diabetes Mellitus and Diabetic foot Outpatient Clinic, 2015-16).
- Internal Medicine Physician, Third Department of Medicine, Medical School, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, “Sotiria” General Hospital, Athens, Greece, 2009 – 2014.
- “Konstantopoulio” General Hospital, 1st Department of Internal Medicine, Athens, May 2004 to Feb.2009. Five years as a senior house officer, with rich and extensive clinical experience, both in A&E Department and Internal Medicine Department, as well as in ICU and Cardiology Department.
- Athens Korydallos Prison Hospital, Oct.2003 to Feb.2004.
- The Royal Surrey County Hospital, Guildford – Surrey, UK, Accident and Emergency Department, April-May 2002.
- Prefectorial General Hospital of Chania – Health Centre of Vamos, 2001.
- Prefectorial General Hospital of Chania (Crete – Greece), Accident and Emergency Department, Sept. 2000 to Dec. 2000.
- 401 General Military Hospital of Athens, Haematology – Oncology Unit, Jan. 2000 to July 2000.
- 643 Battalion – Hellenic Armed Forces, April 1999 to Dec. 1999.
Aristotelian University of Thessaloniki, Greece, 1998
Qualified Medical Doctor, Prefecture of Athens, Directorate of Health, Lic.No. 23304, 1998
Internal Medicine, Athens, 2009. (Title of Internal Medicine specialist and license to practice specialty, 2009)
- Postgraduate education in Emergency Medicine [The Royal Surrey County Hospital, Guildford – Surrey, UK, Accident and Emergency Department (2002), Advanced Trauma Life Support (2003), Basic Life Support (2005), Advanced Life Support (2006), Advanced Cardiac Life Support provider (2009), Advanced Cardiac Life Support Instructor (2010)].
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Instructor. Hellenic Society of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, European Resuscitation Council (currently).
- Certificate of postgraduate training in Diabetes Mellitus (“Laiko” Athens General Hospital, Diabetes Mellitus and Diabetic foot Outpatient Clinic). Inpatient, ICU and outpatient training and management of patients with Diabetes, both in private and public hospitals. Gestational Diabetes management. (Ref.No. 18/2016 – 25/01/2016)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Eating Disorders. The Greek Association of Behavioral Research, February to June 2018.
- Hellenic Diabetes Association
- Hellenic Medical Association for Obesity
- Hellenic Society of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Member of the Medical Association of Athens, Reg. No. 045815
- International publications/posters: 8/3
- Greek Publications/posters: 5/8
Internal Medicine Department
Euroclinic General Hospital of Athens, Greece
3-5 Athanasiadou Street, Athens 115 21, Greece
Tel: +30 210 6416813, +30 210 6416814, +30 210 6416040
Mobile: +30 6978771121
Fax: +30 2106416815, +30 210 6416017