Head of the Urology Clinic in Athens Euroclinic General Hospital
PhD in Urology, Athens University Medical School
Fellow of the European Board of Urology (FEBU)
Specialty areas & Research interests
- Robotic surgery
- Endoscopic and minimal invasive surgery
- Diagnosis and treatment of Urological cancers (thesis in Kidney Cancer diagnosis and treatment, 5-FU antitumor agent mechanism of action through apoptosis, PUJ obstruction in children etc)
- His medical articles have been published in international medical press.
- He has participated in many multinational research protocols (perioperative Erythropoietin administration, Tadalafil’s clinical efficacy and safety, Dapoxetin’s clinical assessment etc)
- Since 2010 he is the Director of the Urology Clinic in Athens Euroclinic
- For the time period 2005 until 2010 he was the Head of Athens Bioclinic Urology Department and General Hospital
- From 2001 to 2005 he worked as a Consultant in Athens General Clinic and was a partner with Institute of Andrological Disorders.
Graduated from Athens University Medical School
Specialized in General Surgery in Agia Olga General Hospital, Surgical Urology in “Evaggelismos” Athens Hospital and Pediatric Urology in Agia Sofia Children’s Hospital.
- PhD in Urology ( kidney Cancer), Athens University Medical School
- Research Fellow of Rockefeller’s N. York University Hospital
- Trained and certified Robotic Surgeon constantly performing Urological procedures using the Da Vinci Robotic System. Robotic Console surgeon training in Biomedical Research Foundation Academy of Athens and Robotic and Laparoscopic Surgery training in IRCAD- EITS- University of Strasbourg, France
- Trained in Prosthetic Urology (surgical implantation of penile prosthesis and artificial urinary sphincter for the treatment of impotence and incontinence respectively), Columbia NY University / University Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio (USA).
- Surgical Training in Implant Workshop, Barcelona 2006 and Surgical Training in Transobturator Male system, Vienna 2010
- Fellow of the European Board of Urology (F.E.B.U.).
- State certification (KESY) in performing Urological Ultrasound examination
- Certified Robotic Surgeon (BRFAA and IRCAD-EITS)
He is actively participating in many National and International Medical Congresses as a speaker and Trainer, while his medical articles have been published in international medical press.
- Rigas A., Karamanolakis D., Mamoulakis C., Srefanidis A., Androulakakis P.A. PUJ obstruction caused by crossing renal vessels: clinical and imaging features. BJU INTERNATIONAL vol. 92, 101-103, 2003
- Rigas A, Dervenis C., Giannakou N., Kozoni V., Shiff S., Rigas B. Selective induction of Colon Cancer Cell Apoptosis by 5- fluorouracil in Humans. Cancer Investigation, 20 (5), 1-9, 2002
- Rigas, Erectile Dysfunction, diagnosis and treatment. Aretaios, vol Θ, May2005
- Rigas Laser Prostatectomy, the procedure. Greek Cardiology Society Journal, June 2009