- Director, Cardiology Department
- Co-Director Nuclear Cardiology lab in Nuclear Medicine Dept.
- Editor in Chief , Hellenic Cardiology Review
- PhD (with distinction) , Medical School University of Athens
- National Delegate European Union Medical Specialties
- National Delegate International Council Nuclear Cardiology
- President, Hellenic Society of Travel and Maritime Medicine
MD, Ph.D, FESC, FACC, FASNC
Specialty Area & Research Interest
- Adult Cardiology, Non-invasive Imaging
- (Nuclear Cardiology, Echocardiography, CT Angiography, Cardiac MRI)
- Cardiac Pacing
- Emergency temporary transthoracic pacing with Investigational Hippocrates catheter Detecting silent ischemia with radio isotopic technics
- Left ventricular function continuous monitoring in altered environmental conditions.
- Post infarction viability study
- National multi-center registry in hypertensive population
- International multi-center registry on single –pass DDD pacing
- International multi-center trial EUROPA
- International multi-center trial PERSUADE
- 1998-2015 Director of Cardiology, Euroclinic Hospital Athens
- 2006-2007 Director Cardiac Dept. and CCU in Rehabilitation Center Filoktitis
- 1991-2005 Director, Cardiac Dept. and Invasive lab, Athens Navy Hospital.
- 1989-1991: Consultant Nuclear Cardiology, Hygeia Hospital, Athens
- 1984-1986: Director , Cardiac Dept., Naval Hospital of Crete, Greece
- 1985-1986: Director , Cardiac Dept. , General Hospital of Chania, Crete
- Medical Service in the Hellenic Navy Feet (1975-1977)
- Chief Executive Officer, Health Care Department of the Hellenic Navy General Staff (1988-1989)
- Member of the Supreme Naval Medical Committee (1999-2000)
- Chief Executive Officer, Department of Education and Research, Athens Navy Hospital (2001- 2003 )
- Retirement in the rank of Rear Admiral HN (2008)
Medical Doctor Diploma. Aristotle’s University of Thessalonica, Μedical School Thessalonica, Greece (1974)
- Cardiac Department Christian Albrechts University Kiel, Germany (1979)
- Cardiac Department, Athens Naval Hospital (1980)
- Cardiac Department, Medical School, University of Athens, Athens, Greece (1983)
- Intensive Care
- Athens Naval Hospital, Athens Greece (1994)
- Nuclear Cardiology
- American Boards in Nuclear Cardiology (2004)
- Fellowship in Cardiology, Dept. of Medicine, Mt. Sinai School of Medicine, New York, USA (1988)
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Cardiac Imaging Dept. University of Zurich, Switzerland (2007)
- 1984 : Diplomate, Hellenic Board of Cardiology
- 1994 : Diplomate: Intensive Care
- 1984 : Licensure: Commonwealth of Piraeus and Athens
- 2002 : Diplomate European Cardiologist
- 2004 : Diplomate; Certification Board of Nuclear Cardiology
- 1st award for the research study “Is mental stress provocative cause of ischaemia? Study of continuous monitoring of the left ventricular function by Nuclear Vest. 14th Military Medical Conference, Thessaloniki, 1992.
- 1st award for the research study “The effect of hyperbaric oxygen treatment on left ventricular function in patients with coronary artery disease. 2nd International Conference of Nuclear Cardiology, France, 1995.
- 1st award for the research study “Observations of hemodynamic changes in hyperbaric conditions in the safety of the dive and clinical applications of the hyperbaric oxygen therapy. 17th Military Medical Conference, Thessaloniki 1998.
- 1st award for the research study “Gated SPECT of Myocardium in stress and rest to diagnose prolonged hibernating myocardium„ Naval Hospital of Athens Symposium, 1999.
- 1st award for the research study “Scintigraphic findings in patients with micro sickle-cell anemia. Study with 99mTc-Tetrofosmin Gated SPECT„ Hellenic Cardiological Society, 2000.
Impact factor 113,8
- Publications in peer review international medical journals (original papers # 19)
- Publications in national peer review Journals (original papers #20)
- Presentations (abstracts) in European, American and World Conferences (#57). National ((# 75).
- Post graduate training programs of the Cardiology Depts., of Athens, Crete, Patra, Thessalian and Thessaloniki Universities
- 5th International conference on non-invasive Cardiology Tel Aviv, Israel, 1995,
- 3rd Meeting of the Societies of the Southern European and Mediterranean Countries, Estoril, Portugal 1997
- IX Southern symposium on cardiac pacing “cardiac rhythm control in 2004” Taormina (Italy), 2004
- Nuclear Cardiology in clinical practice, (Edit.) EKE Zerbinis Publications. Athens 2015
- Cardiac patient and anesthesia during non-cardiac surgery. (Edit) Parizianos Publications. Athens 2000
Chapters in Textbooks
- I. Vassiliadis. Newer aspects in Nuclear Cardiac Imaging. Clinical Cardiology. ed. Prof. P. Toutouzas Athens University School of Medicine. Athens 1999
- I. Vassiliadis. Detecting patients with acute chest pain . Cardiac problems in clinical practice. ed Ass. Prof S. Fousas. Edit. Parizianos Publications. Athens 2010
- I. Vassiliadis. Nuclear Cardiology in Clinical Cardiology. Textbook of Cardiology ed . Prof. Tousoulis Athens University School of Medicine. Athens 2015