- Head of otorhinolaryngology –Head and Neck surgery department , Euroclinic of Athens
- Former Head of one day clinic in Polyclinic Hospital of Athens
Specialty Areas & Research Interest
• Functional endoscopic sinus surgery / endoscopic surgery of skull base
• Functional Rhinoplasty
- Applications in endoscopic procedures in paranasal sinuses and skull base
- Davinci Transolar robotic assisted surgery, being the first to applied it in Athens Medical Center
- Design, use, testing new instruments and endoscopes with application to endoscopic surgery
• Head of Otorhinolaryngological department, Euroclinic of Athens
The department is formed from two consultants, Dr. Vasiliou Alexis and Dr. Angelou Valerie.
• ENT surgeon in “Aglaia Kiriakou Children Hospital”
• ENT surgeon in “Agia Olga Hospital”
• Fellow, endoscopic sinus surgery, university GRATZ of Austria, ENT. Dept. ( Prof. H. Stumberger)
• Private practice since 1998
• Head of ENT department, 3rd hospital of OKA
• Head of ENT in polyclinic of Athens from 200 till 2012
• Director ENT department of the 3rd hospital IKA Short hospitalization and outpatient clinic of Athens from 2000 to 2012
• Organization of the endoscopic portion of Otorhinolaryngology ORL Athens Clinic (Clinic Karra ) since 1999
• Organization and management of the endoscopic otolaryngology Athens Mediclinic since 2008
• Medical School of National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (1989)
- Resident in Otorhinolaryngology department of “Aglaia Kiriakou Children’s Hospital”
- Resident in Otorhinolaryngology department of “Agia Olga general hospital”
Clinical Fellow, Endoscopic sins surgery university of Graz , Austria.
- Functional Endoscopic Sinus surgery / Skull base surgery instructor in courses
- Facial Plastic surgery (member of European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery ) since 1999
- Member of Hellenic Rhinologic society
- Member of European Rhinologic Society
- Author of numerous presentations in congress held in Greece
- Numerous presentations in pediatric ENT congresses
- The main speaker at Maxillofacial Surgeons Symposium: Nasal Distress and craniofacial alterations (1998)
- Oftentimes trainer in endoscopic Rhinology courses.
- Participation in round tables in Rhinology congresses.
- Trainer in endoscopic Dacryocystorhinostomy courses.