The Athens Euroclinic Central Diagnostic Labs were established with the aim of offering early and proper diagnosis and prevention, placing patients at the core of their activities. The Labs cover the entire range of lab tests required to diagnose a condition, monitor treatment and detect pathological deviations before the relevant symptoms develop.
The fully trained pathologists have long experience, follow international standards and implement established international lab practices. They attend continuous training seminars, as well as participate in Greek and international conferences to present their scientific body of work.
The lab technicians have broad experience, while they receive continuous training on new techniques and equipment.
The Central Diagnostic Labs operate 24/7 and cater both for inpatients and outpatients. They consist of the following units:
- Blood donation
- Clinical Biochemistry-Hormonology
Medical Infrastructure & Technology
The Central Diagnostic Labs are fully automated throughout all the stages involved, from the moment the samples are received to the moment the results are sent out. This minimizes the risk of errors, allows traceability and identification of patient samples, and ensures quality and reliable results.
The Labs have state-of-the-art equipment and automated large-capacity analyzers, which are continuously upgraded and renewed.
The Labs operate based on the ISO 15189 standards, which guarantees the credibility of the results, while they have been certified to EN ISO 9001:2008 and implement the following programs:
- Internal quality control, which is performed daily, in accordance with international standards
- External quality control through participation in inter-laboratory programs organized by Greek or international bodies
- Calibration of all equipment used for analysis
The Diagnostic Lab participates in the following external inter-laboratory quality control programs:
- EQAS-BIORAD (USA)
- UK NEQAS (United Kingdom)
- LABQUALITY EQAS (Finland)
- INSTAND e.V. (Germany)
- ECAT foundation (Netherlands)
- RANDOX International Quality Assurance Schemes (RIQAS-United Kingdom)
- DIAMED QUALITY Control Survey-Advanced-BIORAD (USA)
- External quality control program of the Hellenic Society of Hematology
- External quality control program of the Athens Medical School Microbiology Lab
Proof of how reliable the labs results are is the fact that the Athens Euroclinic Central Diagnostic Labs are annually ranked among the top labs in Greece and abroad.
A blood bank operates within the blood donation department to receive the blood and blood products necessary to meet the needs of hospitalized patients, in affiliation with the Hippokration General Hospital of Athens. Special efforts have been made to attract blood donors from the immediate families of patients, as well as volunteers.
The Central Diagnostic Labs also work closely with accredited reference centers (National Meningitis Reference Laboratory, Greek National School of Public Health; National Reference Laboratory for Tuberculosis, Sotiria Hospital; National Influenza Reference Laboratory, Hellenic Pasteur Institute, etc) for confirmation and further testing of samples, wherever necessary.