- It assists in evaluating the immune response of your body to the coronavirus following infection and/or vaccination.
- It is performed on a blood sample.
- Molecular (PCR) test for coronavirus (COVID-19): € 47
- Drive-through molecular COVID-19 test: € 47
- At home molecular COVID-19 test: €120 (+€50 for each additional person)
About antibody tests:
The anti-SARS-CoV-2 test is an immunoassay for the quantitative detection of IgG and IgM antibodies against Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus-2 (SARS-CoV-2) in human serum and plasma. The IgM antibodies are detected in around 7 days, while the IgG antibodies are detected in 15-28 days after the onset of disease symptoms and remain in the blood for months. The presence of IgM symptoms reveals recent exposure of the person to the virus, while the presence of just IgG antibodies reveals less recent exposure.
The anti-SARS-CoV-2 test may assist in evaluating the immune response of patients to the virus, but does not document active disease. Through a blood sample the test may detect antibodies against the novel coronavirus that causes COVID-19, which could signal whether a person has already been infected and possibly developed immunity to the virus, as well as check the efficacy of the vaccine.