Quality and Environment
Maintaining a high level of quality in healthcare services must constitute a strategic priority for any provider.
This means that offering reliable services is a key factor in fostering a relationship of trust between a patient and the hospital.
At the Euroclinic Group, quality in all levels of our activities is the core mentality and priority of both the Athens Euroclinic and the Euroclinic Children’s Hospital.
At the Euroclinic Group, the management as well as the medical, nursing, auxiliary and administrative staff are committed to delivering quality healthcare services, paying unwavering attention to the clinical treatment and safety of the patients entrusting their healthcare to it.
Top-level quality constitutes a strategic priority for the entire company. Through its patient-centered philosophy, the company aims at creating a Total Quality Management System which ensures that its private hospitals:
- Constitute the first choice for patients and associate physicians because they offer unrivalled, quality healthcare services Are recognized as two of the leading institutions in the area of private healthcare
- Comply with the national and EU legislation
- Offer healthcare services noted for being financially just, safe, effective and suitable
- Focus equally on treatment, prevention and early diagnosis
The company follows the guidelines laid down by the Quality Management System and fully complies with the ISO 9001:2008 standards. The quality policies and procedures have been integrated in the everyday operation of the company. Moreover, they are fully understood and are being implemented in all company levels. All of the Group’s activities are well documented and are safeguarded by repeated, measurable and fixed procedures. Special attention is paid to the constant improvement of the procedures by:
- Managing the procedure reviews
- Managing technological changes
- Identifying and resolving issues on time
The management as well as the medical, nursing, auxiliary and administrative staff actively participate in the effective management of the Group’s Quality System and are responsible for implementing it within their departments, as well as for monitoring and achieving the company’s quality objectives.
The Euroclinic Group is one of the leading private healthcare providers in Greece. Given our scientific and hand-on experience, we are well aware of the fact that environmental quality is one of the defining factors for safeguarding public health. With that in mind, the management as well as the medical, nursing, auxiliary and administrative staff are committed to conserving and protecting our natural resources and the environment through a series of efforts that aim at reducing our ecological footprint.
This objective is fulfilled by continuously assessing and implementing environmental policies that aim at reducing energy consumption, conserving natural resources and minimizing waste production in a responsible, efficient and cost-effective manner. The Euroclinic Group aspires to make its environmental policy an integral part of its daily business activities by creating guidelines, setting goals, announcing the results and training the small community of its two hospitals, the Athens Euroclinic and the Euroclinic Children’s Hospital.
The Group implements various environmental policies that aim at reducing its ecological footprint. These include:
- Using green technology in its buildings to save energy, such as:
– led lighting
– smart latest technology heating and cooling systems
– building insulation
– special air filters within the hospital facilities
- Recycling and reducing paper, aluminum and plastic consumption, as well as minimizing urban waste
- Carefully managing infectious waste Disposing infectious waste properly through specialized waste disposal companies
- Taking all the necessary measures to prevent environmental pollution
- Neutralizing liquid waste from microbiology labs to the extent that it is suitable for public sewer disposal
- Promoting and raising environmental awareness among suppliers, contactors and associates by implementing proper operating procedures
- Offering continuous staff training on the company’s environmental protection policies
- Complying with the national and EU legislation
- Fulfilling the requirements of the ISO 14001 standard for all of the company’s activities
- Measuring, monitoring and evaluating our environmental objectives and Environmental Management System
The management as well as the medical, nursing, auxiliary and administrative staff actively participate in the effective management of the Group’s Environmental System and are responsible for implementing it within their departments, as well as for monitoring and achieving the company’s environmental objectives.
As part of its Quality Policy, the Euroclinic Group implements a Food Safety Management System at the Euroclinic Children’s Hospital for all food prepared onsite and distributed to the hospital patients, in accordance with regulations 852/2004 and 853/2004, as well as the general requirements of the ISO 22000 and Codex Alimentarius standards.
The implemented System ensures that random food-related risks are minimized for patients and their escorts. It focuses on:
- Identifying raw materials and direct-contact packaging
- Identifying prepared food
- Identifying the food preparation and management steps
- Recording the potential risks throughout the food preparation and management procedure, given that proper hygiene practices are implemented
- Checking, monitoring and reviewing that the legislative provisions and relevant specifications are implemented properly